How changing your routine can impact your hair for the best possible results. Life changes and so should your hair care.
Most people would agree that change is inevitable. However not every one would agree that change is for the better. I do think change is for the best in most cases even though it may not seem like it at the time.
Can you remember the last time you changed your hair care products or the last time you even tried something new with your hair ?
Today I want to tell you about 5 Benefits to updating your products and style.
Top 5 Benefits to making the Change
1. Better Products and better results. Did you know that your body chemical changes every 7 years. That means your hair is changing every 7 years. The texture is changing. If your hair is not the same as it was before then the products you are using may not be working in the way you need them to. For example if your hair was straight and is now starting to get curly the same products will not work as well.
2. Feeling better. Changing your routine can be difficult but if your hair feels better it makes the change a little more easy. Seriously though, isn't it a HUGE confidence boost when your hair feels good! I know when my hair feels soft and shiny I feel way better about myself and I know you do too.
3. Smell better. I would say that 90% or humans purchase their hair care products based on what they smell like. Raise your hand if you have ever been in a store and smelled at least 2-3 bottles of shampoo before purchasing it! I know when you find a product you like and you hate to switch but did you know your hair get used to what you are using and then after a while you don't notice the smell any more.
Trying a new shampoo is a good way to bring back that smell and feel fresh with every wash!
4. Easier maintenance. I hear often from guest that "my hair just doesn't style the way it used to". The reason is because your hair changes! If you have been wearing the same style for 3+ years it may be time to try something new. Trying a new style that is better for the way your hair currently (verses the way it was 3 years ago) can be a big game changer. Your hair will style easier in the morning and you may have to only use 1 product instead of using 2 or 3 to make it style the way you like.
5. General Happiness. Most of the time I feel amazing after making a huge change. At first it is scary of coarse but after you take the leap it feels so freeing. You become more confident and just generally happy with the choices you have made to try something new and different.
At your next appointment ask your stylist a few questions.
1. Is there a better product for my hair than what I am currently using?
2. Is there a better style for my hair with the texture it is now?
I challenge you to let go of some of that old hair product. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that you bought but never use. Even though they may still be full or even the ones that only have a little in the bottom. Don't feel guilty about wasting. It will be wasted either way so might as well throw it away!
Try at least one new product this year!
Make 2019 your year to embrace the change and try something new!
Let me know in the comments what is one thing you commit to trying this year in your hair care routine!